Wednesday 6 March 2013

Can I get some wedges with that

There's a Centra very close to UCD that has great prices. EUR2.50 chicken fillet baguettes. EUR3.50 pizzas (they have a pizza oven and make them up right there!). Their customers are also 99% students and they cater a lot for them. And it shows! Read on.

When I asked for a chicken fillet baguette, the serving wench made it up perfect (they are fucking fast). My eyes then drifted slowly to the moist tray of wedges and I said I'd take some wedges too.

"That'll be 3 euro." She said. Fuck me, 3 euro for a box of wedges?
"3 euro?" I ejaculated wildly.
"Yes. Do you want?"

I said whatever, I'd take them.

She then grabbed a handful of wedges and started smooshing them into my baguette. I didn't stop her, I was too busy lolling. Ofc I wasn't asking for a box of wedges, that's not how it's done in student land - in these parts wedges are a sandwich filling.

And so that's what the three euro was all about, my roll went from 2.50 to 3.00.

1 comment: